In a unfortunately timely episode, we talk about the fact that viruses are essentially magic. Dark. Science. Magic.
Everyone be safe out there. Wash your hands, stay inside, and email us. We’re quarantined and lonely.
Let us know what you think! Email! email@example.com
FYI: The best way to support the pod is by telling a friend to subscribe, you can use this link to make it cray easy: https://plnk.to/Zps
- Wessner DR. The Origin of Viruses (2010)
- Brouillette M. Viral ‘fossils’ in our DNA may help us fight infection (2016)
- Dewannieux M et al., (2006)
- Chuong EB (2016)
- Thermohilic Viruses
- Yara Virus, the crazy new Brazilian thing
- Was an ancient virus responsible for human consciousness?
- Erin Garcia de Jesus (2020) Bats’ immune defenses may be why their viruses can be so deadly to people
- Radiolab Patient Zero
- Sara Reardon (2016) HIV’s Patient Zero exonerated
- Comment on the origin of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Calisher et al., (2020) Statement in support of the scientists, public health professionals, and medical professionals of China combatting COVID-19
Find us Online!