Guess what, Dr. Kelly is back! This week join us as we discuss The EVIL EYE, how it’s having a moment, it’s history, and the weird science Kelly dug up about it.
Notice: if you’re particularly clever, check out the link below and build an evil eye sensing pair of ski goggles!
We also go on several tangents, including one about the amazing bat immune system. Get excited people!
Question of the week: How should you explain taxidermy to a 4 year old? Email us answers, firstname.lastname@example.org
FYI: The best way to support the pod is by subscribing, you can use this link to make it cray easy: https://plnk.to/Zps
- Evil eye Wiki
- Great BBC article on the Evil Eye
- NY Times: Beware the Evil Eye. Or Buy One, Just for Kicks
- Meghan Markle’s Evil Eye Bracelet
- Gigi Hadid’s evil eye shoes
- So much evil eye crap on Etsy!
- La Llorona Tangent : Limpia ceremonies
- Hypothosis: The electrophysiological basis of the evil eye belief SOMEONE MAKE THESE GOGGLES!
- The Evil Eye: A Casebook by Allan Dundes
- The economic origins of the evil eye belief
- Want to ward of the evil eye? Just be nice.
- Abstract for the above paper
- Amazing ways to ward off the evil eye!
Find us Online!