Hey all fellow quarrantinos! Are you lonely? Wishing you had an imaginary friend right about now? Well, after listening to today’s episode you my have another think coming.
Our episode starts with a good article for all us isolated folk, then we jump into an episode chock full of scary tales and scinecy goodness about the most unsettling of playmates — the imaginary friend.
We discuss them in popular culture, why science says they’re actually a good thing for kids (though creeptastic), then we tell some tales about why some of these charming pals are DEFINITELY DEMONIC.
Let us know what you think! Email! firstname.lastname@example.org
FYI: The best way to support the pod is by telling a friend to subscribe, you can use this link to make it cray easy: https://plnk.to/Zps
- This is why you can’t remember yesterday – the psychological effects of isolation.
- Imaginary Friends in Psychology Today
- The truth about imaginary friends – Science Friday
- Giant list of scaryass and some normal imaginary friends in popular culture
- Invisible friends across four countries – J. Bradley Wigger
- The psychological significance of play with imaginary companions in early childhood – Tracy R. Gleason
- Relationship Between Chinese Children’s Imaginary Companions and Their Understanding of Second-Order False Beliefs and Emotions
- Longitudinal Outcomes of Young High-Risk Adolescents With Imaginary Companions
- When your Daughters Imaginary Friend Might Not Be So Imaginary (audio)
- Haunted Walks, episode 81, Imaginary Friends (podcast audio)
Find us Online!