This week, we try and recover from the bummer of satanic panic with superpowers! Super smellers, folks who are strong AF, bones that never break, perfect memories and mega-athletes to name a few. We also talk about a whole mess of genetics, get excited people.
Stuff we talked about:
- Melissa McCracken: Songs as Paintings
- Strongman Louis Cyr, real life superman
- Liam Hoekstra and Myostatin-related muscle hypertrophy
- Daniel Kish, Bat Man!
- Wallmeier and Weigrebe “Self-motion facilitates echo-acoustic orientation in humans” 2014
- Joy Milne, Woman who can smell Parkinson’s Disease
- Gene Editing on Last Week Tonight
- Radio Lab, Limits
- Radio Lab, CRISPR
- The Myth of Genetic Superbabies
- Josiah Zayner – biohacker and CRISPR experimenter
- Kim Peek, the Human Microfiche!
- Veronica Seider, Eagle Eyes!